Working with the owner, the manager designs a program of preventative and remedial maintenance consistent with the property’s annual and long-range budgets. To implement the program, the manager:
- Evaluates the duties and responsibilities of current employees including the resident manager and service providers and recommends alternatives if appropriate.
- Visits the property frequently inspecting all common areas including parking areas, landscaping and interior lobby and hallways for cleanliness and proper maintenance
- Arranges for periodic inspection and maintenance of fire and safety systems, HVAC units, elevators, and the roof
- Obtains competitive bids for large projects and supervises them to completion
- Responds to emergency calls after hours if necessary